Pages

30.12.22

An Overdue Post (Part 6 - Bavarian Village of the Royal Castles)

Continuing the series of Euro trip back in 2015 😂 



The highlight of this trip is obviously Neuschwanstein Castle, which became an inspiration for Disney fairy-tale such as Sleeping Beauty. I remember it was so fun especially when we were trying to reach Marienbrücke or also known as Mary's bridge, one of the most popular viewing point. At winter peak time, route to the bridge is closed as it is too dangerous to pass by especially for tourists who are not familiar with the nature. When I visited the castle, the route might have just been opened but it was not an easy walk with snows was still heavily piled up. I even got help from other tourist to climb one of huge stepping stones. 

Besides Neuschwanstein, there is another castle located nearby within walking distance which is Hohenschwangau. I remember Nadia taught me how to pronounce Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau correctly but honestly I have forgotten now.

I wish I could go back to this area again sometime in the future in different season for different kind of view and to actually enter the castle. During our trip this time, considering time and money (students!) we did not enter the castle.

Looking at my own photos from the trip, definitely I was a lot slimmer back then, or maybe, I have gained too many weights now is more accurate to express the situation. 😂

I am expecting to have 2 more posts from this series before I can say it is complete. But, let's see if I ever manage to do so. In the meantime, please enjoy the photos below! See ya!







Neuschwanstein view from Marienbrücke




No comments: