Pages

1.9.19

Most Recent Favorite Read

Hello! I'll be sharing about something that maybe I have never shared in this blog before. It's about book! There's a reason why I've never written anything related to book. It simply because I hadn't read any book other than those required due to school or uni since senior high school until last year. I bought some books whenever I went to a bookstore, but I rarely managed to read them through the last page. Even some of the books I bought are still neatly wrapped in plastic now. However, I had been wishing I can start reading again. If the reason it's been so hard for me to try to read was because I was always lazy to hold and bring the physical book, I started to wonder if having an e-book reader would make any difference. So around end of 2017, when Amazon was having a huge sale, I checked the price of kindle paperwhite and it was nearly half-priced! So i decided to get one :) And I was quite hyped knowing that kindle version books were cheaper.
For someone who barely read before, in 2018, I managed to finished 2 books (Guys, don't roll your eyes! lol) and also studied from a book to prepare for an examination. Now, within 8 months in 2019, I have finished 4 books and I think I might read few more before end of the year.
In this post, I would like to mention the most recent book I read. The title is 'The Truth About Gemma Grey'. Honestly, I was progressing really slow at the beginning, but then gradually enjoying more as the story goes. I used to love reading chick lit back in junior high school days, and I found that I am still enjoying it now. I am not sure if people of my age would still read chick lit or not, who cares, right? It's a romantic comedy, but that's not the only thing offered. Through the book, we could get a hint of Youtuber's life which was interesting to know. On the romantic aspect, there were 3 men appeared in Gemma's life, but I was mostly cheering for a guy named Charlie because they were so cute together. Honestly I was a bit sad when I reached the last page because I still wanted to follow more of Gemma's stories.

The Truth About Gemma Grey: A feel-good, romantic comedy you won't be able to put down by [Ranald, Sophie]

Post Gemma, I've bought two books and will start reading the one by the same author as 'The Truth About Gemma Grey'.
Let me know if you have any recommendation so I can check it out for my next reading list :)

No comments: