Pages

26.12.10

I'm Sad, Dear Muslims..

Yeah it's true that i am sad to see the situations of muslims especially in Indonesia in my country. Not that i'm sad because people treat them bad. Not at all, because nobody have done so (at least in the major area). 
Why am i sad?
There are so many reasons, but maybe i will not talk about them all here. I realize that i haven't been so much religious too. I know sometimes i do wrongs, i know there're still lots of things that i should learn in my own religion, Islam. And the most important thing is that i still have to be able to make myself live my life in a way that my God loves.
The first thing is about wearing Hijab. As we know, wearing Hijab is a MUST for every lady who thinks that herself is a muslim. The commands that coming from our God are written clearly inside the Qur'an.
O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. (Q.S Al-Ahzab; 59)
And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed. (Q.S An-Nur; 31)
See, i think it's clear enough how important it is for the ladies to wear hijab. I know, me myself, began to wear ones since my 2nd year in high school. I know it wasn't so early as i was already 16 yo at that time. But i guess, it's better than never have the will at all.
So, what makes me sad is not that there're still so many ladies who haven't worn hijab. No, not for that reason. But, it's because nowadays, many of those ladies (in my country) who haven't worn ones start to have a kind of thought about wearing hijab. Ok, starts from a brief condition around ladies and hijab in my country first.
Yes, it's true that recently there are many ladies who have worn hijab but still doing bad things like making out with their boyfriends (we know it's not OK), or any other things which we may judge as bad.
Then, from that fact, ladies who haven't worn hijab have this kind of thought which says "It's better to improve their behaviors first then wearing hijab, rather than wearing hijab first but still acting with bad behaviors."
I, personally don't agree with that kind of thought which i think seems to be like a comparison between two kinds of ladies. Why did i say i don't agree? You don't have too see how others are doing before you decide to wear hijab. Because the basic point is, this is between you and your God. You wear hijab not for everyone around you, but for yourself and also to accomplish what God has asked.
And the one who have right to judge which one is better, is not us. It's not our rights. It's only God who could judge. And what we have to do is try as best as we can to accomplish what God has asked. PERIOD.
I'm not saying this to force anybody to wear hijab. Nooo. I just want it, in some ways, changes the way most ladies thinks about wearing hijab. :)
And i just feel so grateful for having my dad, who kept reminding me on how important it is to wear hijab, and also for having my mom, who gave me a real strong support when i decided to wear hijab. Thanks so much dad and mom. I love you both so much ;)

Well, actually there are still some other reasons that make me sad. But, maybe it's better not to write about those all now. hehehe. 
Why? Actually i just wanted to make my blog as a fun one to read. So, writing too much things around ethnicity, religion, and race may bring different atmosphere to this blog. Don't you think so?

No comments: